Meet the Ninja
Hey, I’m Mike!
I’m a family guy in my early 30s with a beautiful wife, and three awesome kids. Like many of you, I’ve struggled a lot with budgeting, saving and investing.
We run a single-income household and things can get tight. Time and time again we’ve found ourselves creeping into credit card debt, financing vehicles, and coming up short for the basics like groceries and gas.
I lived this way through most of my 20s. Since then, I’ve learned through trial and error what works and what doesn’t when it comes to budgeting. I’ve learned how to create a budget that we can actually stick to.
Here’s a few interesting facts about me to help you get to know me better.
- My first car was a 1987 Chevy Sprint – it lasted me 11 days
- My dream job is to be a tester of high end automobiles
- I am a licensed pilot
- I have owned 32 different vehicles
- I don’t like round numbers. Every morning I set my alarm for 6:47 or something like that
- My favorite sports team is the Vancouver Canucks
- I like cold coffee. I’ve been known to wake up and keep going on yesterday’s cup
- I’ve always liked spending money, and have never been a good saver
Now that we know each other, let’s talk a little bit about why we’re here:
Learn How To Make Your Money Work Harder
If you want to learn how to budget like a boss and save money on things you already buy, you my friend are in the right place. I’m not a financial guru, I’m just a normal guy who’s got a lot of hard-earned lessons under my belt. I want to save you some time and pain. I want to show you how I:
- Dramatically reduced our family’s debt load
- Learned how to save on everyday needs
- Got us to a place where a major event won’t throw our budget completely off the rails
You landed on my About page, which means you have impeccable taste. You probably also have an entrepreneurial drive and some awesome ideas.
But maybe you:
- Need help creating a budget that you can actually stick to
- Don’t know how much you’re spending on the basics
- Want to earn more money, but don’t know how
I hear ya. I’ve been under-funded and over budget for most of my adult life. Finally, with the help of some sound financial principles, my family and I are on-track to get of the paycheck-spend-paycheck-spend treadmill.
Stick with me, we can do this Together!
This blog was launched in 2016 (yep, I’m new!) with the intention of helping like-minded folks like yourself learn how to build a budget that you can stick to, reduce your expenses and earn more money.
If you’re like me, you’re going to need to attack the problem from both sides. Get your income up and get your expenses down. You’ll learn how to do both here.
NOW is the right time for you to get your financial life on track. You can get out of debt. You can earn more and you can get off the treadmill.
You deserve a better, and I can show you how to get there.